The Excellence in Teaching Award at the University of Nebraska at Omaha was established in 1969 to recognize superior efforts, dedication and exemplary conduct in the performance of the University's first task -- the education of its students.
Dedicated and effective teachers are a university's most important asset. At the University of Nebraska at Omaha, we have among us those whose performance merits special attention. It is to these that the University community presents the Excellence in Teaching Award.
* Nominated faculty MUST have been employed by UNO for a minimum of three years. The committee will not accept any self nominations for this award.
* EIT Nomination Form 2006 - this is the nomination form that can sent by mail to Dr. Leah R. Pietron, PKI 284D, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* EIT Criteria 2006 - this list of criteria are the factors that the EIT Committee uses to select awardees.
* Important Dates:
- January 20, 2006 - Nomination Deadline
- January 21, 2006 - Nomination Letter sent to Faculty by EIT Chair
- February 6, 2006 - Nominee Documentation due in the Chancellor's Office by 4 p.m.
- February 7 - February 21, 2006 - Review of Nominee Documentation by EIT Committee
- February 24, 2006 - Submit Awardee Names to the Chancellor
* The purpose of this website is to provide students, alumni, faculty, and administrators access to the nomination form and criteria. This website is in a development process and continues to be under construction. Previous awardees will be featured on the website and other valuable teaching resources.